Home Schooling an introduction.
Home schooling is a way of teaching your children at home, without the interference of a traditional school. It’s becoming more popular because it can provide the benefits of both private and public schools without the drawbacks.
The main benefit of home schooling is that it allows you to take control of your child’s education. You can create an environment that works best for your family while providing him or her with opportunities they wouldn’t get in public schools—like learning about other cultures and religions, being exposed to new ideas through books and activities outside their regular curriculum, etc., all while keeping them out of trouble at school! This gives parents more time with their kids and less stress when getting ready for bedtime every night (which happens later after dinner).
There are many varieties of homeschooling systems. They are atheists, Mormons, Christians, Libertarians, and Liberals.
Reason to send the child to home school
There are many reasons to send the child to Homeschooling, some of them are listed below.
- The curriculum can be personalized as per the individual need.
- Attain more in academics than in schools.
- Can give more focus on teaching than in institutional Schools.
- Strengthen the family bindings between children and parents.
- Can give systematic and Enlighted social interaction between the peer and elders.
- Will get a safe surrounding, as the crimes are escalating day by day
- An alternative education approach during a pandemic like Covid-19.
- Educate and provide good values and beliefs.
Performance of home based schooling system over state-school student.
- The home-educated child performs well in academic tests, getting 15 to 30 percentiles more compared to public school students.
- Mr. Brain D. Ray’s research shows that home-schooled students are performing well compared to their peers in Institutional schools.
- Students in the home-based education system, perform above average compared to their parent’s level of education or income.
- Students educated in Home based education system performing well in SAT and ACT.
Develop a home schooling routine.
- Develop a homeschooling routine.
- Start with a plan.
- Make sure you have the right resources, space, and time available for your homeschooling journey
- Have an open mind when it comes to learning styles and methods—and don’t be afraid to try something new!
Structure your lessons .
You should have a lesson plan for each day, week, and month. If you’re going to teach for a longer period (like an entire year), then make sure that you have one for each subject as well.
A good way to start is by creating a list of all the subjects or topics that you want your students to learn about during this period. Then figure out how much time each subject will require from them for them to acquire knowledge about it deeply enough so that when they go back home after school next year they’ll remember everything about it!
How to Help Your Child Pursue Their Passions While Homeschooling Them.
If you are home-based schooling your child, encourage them to pursue their passions. This can be anything from sports to music and the arts. Let your child choose their curriculum, activities, and extracurricular activities that they enjoy doing on their own time (i.e., not just during school). You may also want to consider letting them play sports or other clubs outside of school as well as play instruments in a band or orchestra if they have an interest in playing music.
How to Use Books While Home schooling Children
Books are one of the most important tools you can use while home-based schooling your child. The books will teach them about the world, history, science, and art. They will also help them learn about math and grammar.
Here are some tips for using books:
- Use books to teach children about their culture – This is an excellent way for homeschooling parents to introduce their children to different cultures around the globe. It helps build tolerance in children who may be reluctant at first because they don’t know much about other people’s ways of life (this also makes it easier for adults who grew up with diverse backgrounds).
- Study books that focus on specific subjects – For example: if your child wants more information on astronomy than just reading stories aloud from Star Wars then look into purchasing a book like Secrets Of The Universe by Sue Pressman which discusses topics such as space exploration through astronomy; or perhaps even calculus!
How to Incorporate Field Trips into Home schooling.
- Take a field trip to a museum.
- Holiday with the local zoo and pet some animals.
- Explore a historic site, like Gettysburg or Monticello, and learn more about the past.
- Call on a farm where you can feed cows, pigs, chickens, and other farm animals as well as see how they are raised. This is also a great place to learn about sustainable farming practices!
- Visit your state beach or take a family trip up north to visit our national parks (Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska; Yellowstone National Park).
How to Use Fun and Games to Make Home-based schooling More Engaging.
Games are a great way to engage your child. You can use games to teach math and science, read, write and do other skills.
Activities are also an excellent way to teach history, geography, and other subjects that you want your child to learn.
Give Your Child the Gift of Foreign Languages Through Home-based education.
Homeschooling gives your child the gift of learning a foreign language, which is something they can use to enhance their success in life. Whether you want your child to learn Spanish or Mandarin Chinese, home-based education offers the opportunity for them to learn these languages at their own pace and schedule.
This article will give you tips on how to teach a foreign language so that it’s fun for both you and your child!
You can put just as much care into home schooling as traditional schooling
Homeschooling is not different from traditional schooling. You can put just as much care into homeschooling as traditional schooling, and you must do so. There are some differences in how you approach home-based education, but these are mostly because your child is not at school every day (or even every week).
- Set a routine and stick with it! This will help your child feel more comfortable around their peers, who already know what time they’re supposed to go home from school each day. It also allows them to practice before their lessons start at home—this way they’ll have fewer surprises when they get there!
Your Role As the home schooling Teacher
What is your role as a Home-Schooling Teacher?
1. Understand your child
- Your role as the home schoolteacher is very important in home-schooling. You must be having good knowledge to teach your kids naturally, therefore it is easy to adapt to this role of a home School teacher. Your role in this is to teach your child about the topic that they need to study.
- To keep your child encouraged in different activities of home-schooling, you teach your child in such a way that it gives more interest in the subject. For this as a parent, you should understand the likeness and dis-likeness of your child. Your level of patience must be very high when they are in small age. You give them time to learn to adapt the materials taught to them.
2. Update the home-schooling skill
- If you think that your teaching style is not up to the mark, you can take the help of the home school resources readily available to you. You may use these home-schooling resources to improve your skill as a tutor while teaching your child.
- To assist you with your home-schooling venture there are different packages, libraries, and virtual schools. You can take the help of all this free information now. There are different varieties of software tools available to track the progress of your child.
3. Take support from Home-schooling teachers
- You can take the help of a local support group. There are many home schoolteachers with a lot of teaching experience and education that will surely benefit you. With their support and help, you will find your home-schooling jobs very simple and easy.
- Sometimes you get tired of doing the home-schooling. This has been seen in many of the home schoolteachers. The reason may be of many, like illness or due to the visit of family guest or may be of additional responsibility. If you find losing patience, you have this type of disorder, need to correct it immediately. Sometimes your child finds it difficult to grasp the topic you taught. In such cases, you must lower your expectations, you can adopt some other way of teaching the same topics.
4. Never leave up
- In case of any tension, you face while home-schooling your child, take a deep breath. You may have to change your style of teaching. In that case, you revamp your style of teaching to adjust your style of teaching. Never schedule too many activities for your child. Instead, help them to come out and socialize.
- In such a situation, you can take the help of your spouse. Consider their help in correcting homework of your child, that way you can pass some of the responsibility.
In such a situation, you can take the help of your spouse. Consider their help in correcting homework of your child, that way you can pass some of
the responsibility. The above-mentioned tips can help your home-schooling.
Different Methods of Home Schooling.
What is Unschooling?
Unschooling is nothing but learning the lessons on their own, instead of the inflexible structure of school education. This develops a curiosity to learn the subject of interest by giving them the necessary supportive setting to develop their interest.
This interest in a particular subject can achieved by learning the topic themselves by unschooling.
More information on unschooling was given from the magazine written by John Holt in 1997 named ‘Growing without schooling. This magazine described, how a child can learn without going to school, through Home Schooling or Unschooling.
From children to children the style of learning differs. In a traditional school, the style of learning or the personality of a child is not taken into consideration. The child who grasps the lesson visually, may not be able to pick up faster when the teacher teaches through an auditory teaching style.
Advantages of un-Schooling.
Unschooling allows the child to learn the lesson by themselves. The child can able to use the learning style he prefers. The above all parents have to provide the child with an atmosphere that encourages their curiosity to study new things. For these, parents should provide the child with activities that support them to develop their curiosity to learn.
In unschooling, children may not rely on the normal practice of learning by doing workbooks or textbooks. The child may choose one of the following learning methods given below.
- By reading books of their interest.
- The people they interact with, like mentors, relatives, etc.
- By visiting different places.
- By interacting with Mother nature and the places around.
There are no examination methods to test competency. So, the learner can learn the lesson at their own pace. In unschooling, the learner keeps on learning by interacting with nature and daily life.
Even though unschooling is legal in all 50 states, the rules and regulations differ from state to state. There are specific rules regarding the type of structure for the homeschooling kid. If the requirements are not met, we can report to the higher authorities. You can take the help of legal professionals in case of any queries.
Home-schooling laws in your state
If you are considering your child to send Home based education, then you should know the home-schooling rules of the state.
Find the state laws on the HSLD site.
For knowing to start Home-schooling visit the Coalition for Responsible Home Education’s website
After collecting the basic information about Home-schooling your child, visit your state’s education department. And you can get thorough information about the Home-school Curriculum in your state.
If possible you can consult a lawyer in your state to find out if unschooling can meet the requirement of Home-schooling where you reside.
We hope that this article has given you some ideas for how to make your homeschooling experience a success. So, it is important to remember that children can succeed in both traditional schooling and homeschooling, but only if they are given the right environment and support. We wish you luck as you embark on this new adventure!